One of the major problems of the road sector in Russia is the premature destruction of road structures. To a large extent, this refers to the non-rigid pavements, which are most common in the country. The introduction of the Slavro SD geogrid into the pavement design makes it possible to reinforce pavement clothing, significantly improve its performance, and also reduce the cost of its design: by reducing the consumption of traditional road building materials (crushed stone).
Biaxially oriented geogrids "Slavros SD" are used to stabilize the base soils in structures that perceive high dynamic or static loads by reinforcing them.
The main areas of application of biaxial geogrids "Slavros-SD":
- reinforcement of constructive layers of pavements during the construction of new and reconstruction of existing roads of all categories;
- device temporary and technological roads;
- providing travel facilities to construction sites;
- widening of the carriageway and strengthening of the kerbs;
- construction sites for high loads;
- construction of airfields (runways, sideways and berths);
- construction of embankments on weak grounds (clay soils, wetlands of all types, soils of high humidity, wet peat and in permafrost conditions).
- device of the pile foundation, device of industrial floors, protection from rockfalls
The main purpose of the use of geogrid "Slavros SD" - strengthening layers of inert building materials. Strengthening is achieved by the joint work of the geogrid with the granular material of the base, resulting in blocking (restriction of movements) of individual grains of large fractional material in the cells of the geogrid. Formed composite layer "granular material + geogrid", has the best physical and mechanical properties, primarily, increased resistance to the effects of dynamic loads. To achieve the effect directly above the geogrid, a layer of a material of fractions of 20- 40 mm or 40-70 mm (or sand-gravel-crushed stone mixtures)
must be created From the standpoint of the calculation criteria for the strength of ODN 218.046-01, the formation of the composite layer (reinforcement) has the greatest effect on the magnitude of the active shear stresses that occur in the soil layer located directly below the composite base layer. As a result, the Slavros SD geogrid is placed on the surface of an additional sandy layer of the base (on the surface of the road bed in its absence) under a layer of the bearing base of coarse fractional material. Depending on the load and soil conditions, geogrids with a strength of 20 to 45 kN / m are used.
The following tasks are solved:
- reducing the thickness of the base layer;
- increase the service life of the coating by increasing the strength of the base layer;
- creation of conditions that exclude mixing of materials between the sandy layer of the road bed and the base layer;
- uniform redistribution of stresses from the rail and sleep grid to the main roadbed area.
The achieved results lead to a qualitative improvement in road construction, what can be quantified by calculations, produced according to ODN 218.046-01 and ODM 218.5.002-2008. To automate calculations, a program has been developed and certified. "Slavros-RADO" (The certificate of conformity № ROSS RU.SP15.N00491 from 12.04.2012).