The foundation of railway lines is the soil layer; the construction works depends on its stability. The subgrade element of the formation, which directly absorbs the rolling stock, is the main platform, which is often subject to deformations in the form of ballast troughs, lodges, etc., accompanied by the liquefaction of clay soil with splashes from under the sleepers or the extrusion of this soil mass onto the surface of the ballast prism.
Slavros ZHD-P biaxially oriented geogrids in railway construction are used:
- with insufficient bearing capacity of the main platform of the pavement, which manifests itself in the form of splash and subsidence;
- in the pits, passing in the area of waterlogged soils;
- in areas adjacent to the pavement to artificial structures
The use of Slavros ZHD-P biaxially oriented geogrids allows to:
reduce the load on the soil and increase the overall elastic modulus of the structure;
to reduce vibrodynamic effects on soils, forming slopes of the excavation;
to reduce the cost of construction of the railway;
to increase the time between fixing.
The Slavros ZHD-P geogrids have the following positive qualities::
- the technology of their fitting slightly differs from the technology of laying geotextiles;
- the material has a high resistance to abrasion, which is important at high dynamic loads on the main platform of the subgrade from the rolling stock;
- have high tensile strength with lower elongation;
- have a high reinforcing ability due to the optimal size of the cells, allowing to wedge the crushed stone base and prevent the indentation of the soil;
- long service life allows the structures to be in use for long times between major maintenance.
The use of Slavros ZHD-O volume geogrid in railway construction
The protection of the slopes of embankments is a serious problem in railway construction. At high dynamic loads, the layers move and deform, resulting in the deformation not only of the superstructure, but also the destruction and sliding of the slopes, which leads to the closure of a section of railway tracks to eliminate the problem. Strengthening of slopes with Slavros ZHD-O volumetric geogrid during the construction of railway embankments;
Using of the “Slavros ZHD-O” volumetric geogrid allows not only to exclude the erosion of the slope, but also to reduce the deformation of the slope to a controlled one, at which it is possible to carry out a comprehensive repair of the necessary section of the road and ensure timely cargo and passenger transportation, which is very important for the railway industry.
Thus, the "Slavros ZHD-O" volumetric geogrid not only fixes the slope from horizontal deformation, but also protects the slope from water and wind erosion, increasing the service life of the subgrade as a whole and allowing to save on repairs.
Slavros ZHD-O is designed to strengthen not flooded slopes of embankments, dredging, berms, cones of bridges, as well as various drainage ditches from the destructive effect of rain and melt water, dredging cones of railway bridges.
Experience of using "Slavros ZHD-O" geogrid
Volumetric geogrid cells filled with concrete to the level of water rise in the drainage ditch form reliable and long-term protection for slopes that are subject to significant hydraulic or mechanical stresses. Such a reinforcing system can replace complex construction solutions, while at the same time saving both material resources and time. Volumetric geogrid helps to prevent chaotic, uncontrolled destruction of the concrete pavement, being its unifying base.
Geotextiles brand PP, PM "Slavros"
For many years, geotextiles have been used in the construction of the main and secondary paths of new railways, crossings, turnouts, as well as in reconditioning.
"Slavros" geotextile can perform the basic functions vital for maintaining the railway in working condition: separation, drainage, filtration, reinforcement.
Functions of geosynthetic materials: